GRAY, Tenn. (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old child has died after being pulled from a swollen Tennessee creek.
News outlets report crews found the toddler Saturday about a mile from where the child went missing in Washington County in eastern Tennessee.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says in a statement the child was pronounced dead at Holston Valley Medical Center.
Chief Deputy Leighta Laitinen says the creek had been swollen from recent rains.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- FEMA plans to test national alert system on Oct. 4
- Human body found in the mouth of 14-foot Florida alligator
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- David Brooks and the $78 airport meal the internet is talking about
Sheriff Ed Graybeal says the investigation is continuing.