COLLINGSWOOD, N.J. (AP) — A man accused of fatally stabbing two women inside a southern New Jersey home and seriously injuring another is now facing murder charges.
Camden County prosecutors say the three women were found in the Collingswood home around 5 p.m. Saturday when police responded to 911 calls about screaming that was coming from the East Narberth Terrace residence.
The alleged assailant, 44-year-old Mark Lyczak of Burlington County, was arrested at the scene. Authorities say he was known to the victims, but they did not provide further details.
Lyczak faces murder charges in the deaths of 48-year-old Colleen Brownell and 41-year-old Alysia McCloskey, both of Collingswood. He’s also charged with the attempted murder of a 45-year-old woman who remained hospitalized Sunday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
It wasn’t known Sunday if Lyczak has retained an attorney.