WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Two women have died and three children were hurt in a wreck in North Carolina.
Winston-Salem Police Lt. Brian Dobey told local media the wreck happened late Tuesday morning.
Dobey says 42-year-old Latonya Marie Carter and 38-year-old Shameka Renee Carter, both of Winston-Salem, died in the wreck on the wet highway. Dobey said the women were sisters.
Police say the car Latonya Carter was driving crossed the highway and hit a van. Both women died at the scene. Dobey said both women were wearing seat belts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
The driver of the van was not seriously injured.
One of the children in the van and the two children in the car were taken to a hospital. There was no word on their condition.