POMONA, Calif. (AP) — Two women are dead from suspected drug overdoses after authorities say they collapsed at the HARD Summer music festival.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/1OIVJsa ) that an 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old were found unresponsive at the Pomona festival Saturday evening.
According to authorities, one woman was transported to Pomona Valley Medical Center and pronounced dead shortly after 6 p.m. The other was taken to the same hospital and died at about 8 p.m.
Their identities were not immediately released, pending notification of relatives.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence
- QAnon supporter joining U.S. House education committee has called school shootings 'false-flag' events
- Time to double mask or upgrade masks as coronavirus variants emerge, experts say
- AP Exclusive: GOP to stay neutral should Trump run again
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
About 65,000 people were expected to attend each day of the two-day electronic music festival.