POMONA, Calif. (AP) — Two women are dead from suspected drug overdoses after authorities say they collapsed at the HARD Summer music festival.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/1OIVJsa ) that an 18-year-old woman and a 19-year-old were found unresponsive at the Pomona festival Saturday evening.
According to authorities, one woman was transported to Pomona Valley Medical Center and pronounced dead shortly after 6 p.m. The other was taken to the same hospital and died at about 8 p.m.
Their identities were not immediately released, pending notification of relatives.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Canada eases border rules for its citizens and residents
- Scorching hot in Phoenix: What it’s like to work in 115 degrees
- They put up a Pride flag. A homeowners group said take it down
About 65,000 people were expected to attend each day of the two-day electronic music festival.