WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Two U.S. stealth F-22 fighter jets have arrived in Poland to carry out combat air exercises for a day with the Polish air force.
The exercises are part of a broader U.S. policy of assurance to NATO allies in Eastern Europe worried about Russian aggression.
The two F-22 Raptor jets arrived on Monday at Lask Air Base in central Poland. They are part of the first U.S. deployment of the high-tech jets to Europe.
The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw said that four F-22 Raptors arrived last week at the Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany and will remain there until mid-September.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- McConnell: Trump 'provoked' Capitol siege, mob was fed lies
- They prepare the White House for a new president. They have 5 hours.
- My Pillow CEO says Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl's, Wayfair are dropping his products
- Trump pardons Bannon with hours left to go in presidency
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize