WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Two U.S. stealth F-22 fighter jets have arrived in Poland to carry out combat air exercises for a day with the Polish air force.
The exercises are part of a broader U.S. policy of assurance to NATO allies in Eastern Europe worried about Russian aggression.
The two F-22 Raptor jets arrived on Monday at Lask Air Base in central Poland. They are part of the first U.S. deployment of the high-tech jets to Europe.
The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw said that four F-22 Raptors arrived last week at the Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany and will remain there until mid-September.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Couple finds their luggage is overweight because of stowaway dog
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Could this new version of an old grain help fight climate change and feed the world?
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- When a fisherman pulled in his line, he knew he had 'something weird': A 40-pound alligator gar