DENVER (AP) — A two-toed sloth has been born at the Denver Zoo.
The Denver Post reports that the zoo’s sloth named Charlotte gave birth to the baby on Sunday. The mother and her baby made their public debut together on Thursday.
The baby sloth is the zoo’s first announced birth in 2018.
Zoo officials have yet to name the baby or announce its gender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
The baby clung to its mother immediately after birth and will remain attached to her almost exclusively for at least six months.
Sloths are nocturnal animals that spend 15 to 20 hours per day sleeping. They tend to become active from an hour after sunset until about two hours before sunrise.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com