DENVER (AP) — A two-toed sloth has been born at the Denver Zoo.
The Denver Post reports that the zoo’s sloth named Charlotte gave birth to the baby on Sunday. The mother and her baby made their public debut together on Thursday.
The baby sloth is the zoo’s first announced birth in 2018.
Zoo officials have yet to name the baby or announce its gender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
The baby clung to its mother immediately after birth and will remain attached to her almost exclusively for at least six months.
Sloths are nocturnal animals that spend 15 to 20 hours per day sleeping. They tend to become active from an hour after sunset until about two hours before sunrise.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com