DELAWARE, Ohio (AP) — Two teenagers have died and a third is in critical condition after a single-vehicle crash in central Ohio.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says a vehicle driven by 16-year-old Jacob Richardson went off a road in Delaware County on Wednesday. Investigators say the vehicle hit a guardrail, a utility pole and a tree before overturning on an embankment.
Richardson and a rear-seat passenger, 15-year-old Mykaela Fellure, were pronounced dead at the scene. A girl riding in the front passenger seat was taken to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus with life-threatening injuries.
Grief counselors will be at the teens’ school, Buckeye Valley High School, on Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again