ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Police say two teenagers were found dead inside an SUV in a garage, though their deaths appear to be accidental.
In a news release Monday, St. Petersburg police said a woman found her 17-year-old son with his 14-year-old girlfriend in the family’s garage, which was not attached to their apartment.
Police say they were in the boy’s 2002 Mitsubishi SUV. The garage door was closed, and the vehicle was running. Investigators say it doesn’t appear to be a case of suicide.
The woman said her son left home Sunday afternoon to get his girlfriend. She was unaware of their return. She told police she tried calling him several times and reported them missing Sunday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- For Trump, 20 days of fantasy and failure
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- That Mysterious Monolith in the Utah Desert? It’s Gone, Officials Say
- Biden chooses an all-female senior White House press team
The teens have been identified as Dorian Andres Gomez Poehlmann and Emily Rose Sabow. Both attended Riverview High School in Hillsborough County.
Autopsies will be performed.