ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Police say two teenagers were found dead inside an SUV in a garage, though their deaths appear to be accidental.
In a news release Monday, St. Petersburg police said a woman found her 17-year-old son with his 14-year-old girlfriend in the family’s garage, which was not attached to their apartment.
Police say they were in the boy’s 2002 Mitsubishi SUV. The garage door was closed, and the vehicle was running. Investigators say it doesn’t appear to be a case of suicide.
The woman said her son left home Sunday afternoon to get his girlfriend. She was unaware of their return. She told police she tried calling him several times and reported them missing Sunday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The teens have been identified as Dorian Andres Gomez Poehlmann and Emily Rose Sabow. Both attended Riverview High School in Hillsborough County.
Autopsies will be performed.