LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Police say two teens have been arrested in connection with a fatal shooting in Lincoln last month.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that two 17 year olds were arrested Friday in the March 26 shooting death of 22-year-old Edgar Union Jr. One of the teens, a girl, has been charged with being an accessory to second-degree murder. The other teen, a boy, had not been charged by late Friday afternoon.
Police believe a fellow gang member of the girl’s shot Union after a fight between two groups. Police say the girl lied about being at the scene and telling police she left the scene alone. Police believe she drove the shooter and others away from the scene.
Police did not detail the boy’s alleged role in the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- What is 'milkshaking?' Ask the Brits hurling drinks at right-wing candidates
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com