ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say two suspects were wounded by gunfire during a late-night shootout with Atlanta police.
Police say they tried to stop a car after reports that passengers inside were waving guns, but the driver sped away from officers late Tuesday night.
Police pursued the suspects, who jumped from the car, ran behind a house and began exchanging gunfire with the officers.
Atlanta Police Maj. Jeff Glazier tells WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/1f7ftJO) an 18-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 24-year-old man was shot in the abdomen. Both were hospitalized. Authorities say a 22-year-old suspect was in custody with facial injuries from falling while he tried to run from police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate
- Britain tries to swab all of Liverpool in pilot of mass coronavirus testing
None of the officers were injured.
The races of the people involved in the shooting were not immediately known.
Information from: WSB-TV, http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html