TEMPLE, Texas (AP) — Police in Central Texas say two men found slain this week at an auto parts store worked there and the suspect in their deaths was a former employee.
Temple police on Friday identified the victims as 25-year-old Cody Glenn Cornell and 35-year-old Robert Joseph Pellerin III. Their bodies were found Wednesday night at an O’Reilly Auto Parts store. The suspect, 47-year-old Theodore Sims, was arrested Thursday.
Police say they will release the victims’ causes of death following autopsies.
Sims was charged with aggravated assault relating to a Wednesday incident at a NAPA Auto Parts store in nearby Belton. Temple police spokeswoman Ellen Morton said a charge related to the slayings is pending.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Sims was in Bell County Jail on Friday on $500,000 bond. Jail records show no attorney for him.