READING, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man and woman have pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of their infant son almost two years ago.
Twenty-seven-year-old Charles Snyder and 27-year-old Patricia Snyder were both sentenced Wednesday to about one to two years in jail.
They will be credited for more than 300 days already served. Berks County prosecutors dropped other charges including third-degree murder.
Emergency crews called to the home in December 2015 reported finding 3-year-old Anthon unresponsive. Investigators reported that the parents said their son had been sick for a month and was on antibiotics.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
A Penn State Children’s Hospital doctor said after an autopsy that she believed the child was severely malnourished and died as a result of medical neglect and the administering of dangerous over-the-counter medications.