WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Iowa authorities are investigating a weekend fire that killed a woman and child in Waterloo.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports the fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. Sunday by a newspaper carrier. Waterloo Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Mike Moore says firefighters found the victims on the second floor of the home. Three other people escaped the fire.
The names of the fire victims weren’t immediately released.
Investigators are working to determine what caused the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Sunday’s fire was the second fatal blaze in Waterloo in the past month. On March 15, a fire killed a woman and her son and daughter.
Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com