DE SOTO, Mo. (AP) — Two people and a dog have been rescued after a massive fire in the eastern Missouri town of De Soto.
The fire broke out Monday night, destroying the Global Gospel Outreach, a church that opened in August in a rehabbed brick building. Two apartments above the church also were destroyed.
Firefighters used ladders to rescue people and the dog inside the building. One woman suffered smoke inhalation and was hospitalized. Her condition was not available.
More than 15 fire departments helped battle the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Militias flock to Gettysburg to foil supposed flag burning
- How Fauci, 5 other health specialists deal with COVID-19 risks in their everyday lives
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus