PHOENIX (AP) — Police have identified one of the two pedestrians who were fatally struck by vehicles in separate collisions in Phoenix.
A woman’s body was found Sunday night on a roadway in south Phoenix.
Police were told she was lying on the roadway when she was struck by a vehicle.
It’s unclear why the woman was lying on the roadway and whether she had been struck by another vehicle prior to the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Police say the driver remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators.
Four hours earlier, another woman who was crossing a roadway in north Phoenix was fatally struck by a sedan in a hit-and-run collision.
Police say 40-year-old Rachel Nicholson was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
They’re still looking for the vehicle that struck the woman.