PHOENIX (AP) — Police have identified one of the two pedestrians who were fatally struck by vehicles in separate collisions in Phoenix.
A woman’s body was found Sunday night on a roadway in south Phoenix.
Police were told she was lying on the roadway when she was struck by a vehicle.
It’s unclear why the woman was lying on the roadway and whether she had been struck by another vehicle prior to the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star, 'Big' director Penny Marshall dies VIEW
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Police say the driver remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators.
Four hours earlier, another woman who was crossing a roadway in north Phoenix was fatally struck by a sedan in a hit-and-run collision.
Police say 40-year-old Rachel Nicholson was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
They’re still looking for the vehicle that struck the woman.