PHOENIX (AP) — Police have identified one of the two pedestrians who were fatally struck by vehicles in separate collisions in Phoenix.
A woman’s body was found Sunday night on a roadway in south Phoenix.
Police were told she was lying on the roadway when she was struck by a vehicle.
It’s unclear why the woman was lying on the roadway and whether she had been struck by another vehicle prior to the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
Police say the driver remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators.
Four hours earlier, another woman who was crossing a roadway in north Phoenix was fatally struck by a sedan in a hit-and-run collision.
Police say 40-year-old Rachel Nicholson was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
They’re still looking for the vehicle that struck the woman.