OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Two Ogden teenagers have been ordered to stand trial in 2nd District Court on murder charges in the shooting of a 47-year-old woman who was sleeping in her home last summer.
The Standard-Examiner reports Judge Jennifer Valencia ruled during a preliminary hearing Tuesday there was sufficient evidence to prosecute 16-year-old Daniel Garcia and 17-year-old Jordan Zamora in the killing of Maria Sanchez in August.
Garcia is charged with murder, obstructing justice and possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
Zamora is charged with the same three counts, in addition to the use or possession of drug paraphernalia.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
Police say one of the teens fired seven shots or more into a residence where Sanchez was asleep. She died the next day.
Detectives used surveillance footage at a nearby gas station to identify Sanchez as one of the suspects.
Information from: Standard-Examiner, http://www.standard.net