BENNINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The police department in Bennington, Vermont, is adding two new officers and a K-9 team.
Police chief Paul Doucette says two recruits from the Vermont Police Academy and a Bennington officer graduated from programs last week.
The Bennington Banner says two recruits — Dustin Lynds and Derek Osgood — will become part of the department this winter.
Bennington Officer Robert Murawski and a police dog that will join the department have graduated from the canine tracking school last week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Doucette says staffing levels were down a bit after a couple of retirements and one officer going to the Vermont State Police.
Information from: Bennington Banner, http://www.benningtonbanner.com