PELZER, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina officials say two officers were injured and bullets were found in two separate incidents at a maximum-security prison.
The State reports that state Department of Corrections spokesman Jeff Taillon says both incidents happened Monday at Perry Correctional Institution. Taillon said two correctional officers received minor injuries from an inmate who refused an order, in the first incident. In the second incident, officers recovered contraband, including bullets, in an inmate housing area.
Both incidents remain under investigation. Further details have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Information from: The State, http://www.thestate.com