MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say two officers responding to a report of an overdose in a car were dragged when the person inside drove off.
Memphis police said on Twitter that the driver also struck a squad car while attempting to flee on Wednesday. It’s unclear for how long the officers were dragged, but police spokeswoman Lt. Karen Rudolph told The Commercial Appeal that their injuries aren’t serious.
Officers followed the driver’s vehicle, which struck a sign and caught fire. It’s unclear if the unidentified suspect, who is in custody, was injured.
No charges have been announced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com