MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say two officers responding to a report of an overdose in a car were dragged when the person inside drove off.
Memphis police said on Twitter that the driver also struck a squad car while attempting to flee on Wednesday. It’s unclear for how long the officers were dragged, but police spokeswoman Lt. Karen Rudolph told The Commercial Appeal that their injuries aren’t serious.
Officers followed the driver’s vehicle, which struck a sign and caught fire. It’s unclear if the unidentified suspect, who is in custody, was injured.
No charges have been announced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com