MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say two officers responding to a report of an overdose in a car were dragged when the person inside drove off.
Memphis police said on Twitter that the driver also struck a squad car while attempting to flee on Wednesday. It’s unclear for how long the officers were dragged, but police spokeswoman Lt. Karen Rudolph told The Commercial Appeal that their injuries aren’t serious.
Officers followed the driver’s vehicle, which struck a sign and caught fire. It’s unclear if the unidentified suspect, who is in custody, was injured.
No charges have been announced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
- CNN drops suit against White House after Jim Acosta's press pass is fully restored
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com