NEW YORK (AP) — Police say two men have been struck by lightning on a soccer field in Queens.
It happened at Flushing Meadows Corona Park Tuesday evening as a thunderstorm rolled through the area.
Police say a 30-year-old was hospitalized in critical condition.
The other person, a 42-year-old, is expected to survive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Police say a third man was hit by lighting 20 minutes later in Jamaica, Queens. There was no word on his condition.