NEW YORK (AP) — Police say two men have been struck by lightning on a soccer field in Queens.
It happened at Flushing Meadows Corona Park Tuesday evening as a thunderstorm rolled through the area.
Police say a 30-year-old was hospitalized in critical condition.
The other person, a 42-year-old, is expected to survive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
Police say a third man was hit by lighting 20 minutes later in Jamaica, Queens. There was no word on his condition.