NEW YORK (AP) — Police say two men have been struck by lightning on a soccer field in Queens.
It happened at Flushing Meadows Corona Park Tuesday evening as a thunderstorm rolled through the area.
Police say a 30-year-old was hospitalized in critical condition.
The other person, a 42-year-old, is expected to survive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
Police say a third man was hit by lighting 20 minutes later in Jamaica, Queens. There was no word on his condition.