NEW YORK (AP) — Police say two men have been struck by lightning on a soccer field in Queens.
It happened at Flushing Meadows Corona Park Tuesday evening as a thunderstorm rolled through the area.
Police say a 30-year-old was hospitalized in critical condition.
The other person, a 42-year-old, is expected to survive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico
Police say a third man was hit by lighting 20 minutes later in Jamaica, Queens. There was no word on his condition.