COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Two men have been shot and killed at during a birthday celebration at a South Carolina nightclub.
The Richland County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release that officers were called to a club just north of Columbia around 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said there had been an argument between two groups of people before the shooting. Investigators don’t know what caused the disagreement.
The coroner’s office said the victims were 26-year-old Torance L. Peeples and 23–year-old Trevonne J. Judge. Both men died at the scene from gunshot wounds to the chest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- June 24, 2022: The day Chief Justice Roberts lost his court
No arrests have been made.