ACWORTH, Ga. (AP) — Two police officers were standing near a Georgia cellphone tower when they noticed a man falling from the sky.
News outlets report Brian Sims, of Savannah, and Stephen Ahlquist, of Lilburn, were arrested Jan. 18 on trespassing charges for BASE jumping from a 300-foot (90-meter) cellphone tower in Acworth. BASE jumping refers to leaping from a building, among other fixed structures.
An arrest warrant says officers initially only had the first jumper, Sims, in custody, as Ahlquist was still in the air.
Officers had Sims call Ahlquist over so he could be arrested. Police say the two argued about whether Ahlquist should stay hidden until officers revealed they had a police dog.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Obama delivers veiled rebuke to Trump in Mandela address WATCH
Sims’ GoPro footage was taken as evidence. Both were released on bail. It’s unclear whether they have lawyers.