GASTON , S.C. (AP) — Two men have died and four other people have been hurt in a wreck in central South Carolina.
Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher said in a news release that 60-year-old Gary W. McDonald and 20-year-old Henry Trey King, both of Gaston, died in the wreck Tuesday.
Fisher said a vehicle was trying to pass another when it drove into the path of McDonald and King’s vehicle. Their vehicle was hit while they tried to avoid the passing vehicle.
Highway Patrol Cpl. David Jones said the driver and three people in the other vehicle were taken to a hospital. There was no word on their conditions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover