GASTON , S.C. (AP) — Two men have died and four other people have been hurt in a wreck in central South Carolina.
Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher said in a news release that 60-year-old Gary W. McDonald and 20-year-old Henry Trey King, both of Gaston, died in the wreck Tuesday.
Fisher said a vehicle was trying to pass another when it drove into the path of McDonald and King’s vehicle. Their vehicle was hit while they tried to avoid the passing vehicle.
Highway Patrol Cpl. David Jones said the driver and three people in the other vehicle were taken to a hospital. There was no word on their conditions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing