GASTON , S.C. (AP) — Two men have died and four other people have been hurt in a wreck in central South Carolina.
Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher said in a news release that 60-year-old Gary W. McDonald and 20-year-old Henry Trey King, both of Gaston, died in the wreck Tuesday.
Fisher said a vehicle was trying to pass another when it drove into the path of McDonald and King’s vehicle. Their vehicle was hit while they tried to avoid the passing vehicle.
Highway Patrol Cpl. David Jones said the driver and three people in the other vehicle were taken to a hospital. There was no word on their conditions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen