YORK, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say two young men have died in a collision at an intersection near York in eastern Nebraska.
The accident occurred around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday about a mile (2 kilometers) east of York. Sheriff’s Lt. Paul Vrbka says an eastbound pickup truck hit a northbound car that didn’t halt at a stop sign.
The York News-Times reports that the two men in the car were pronounced dead at the scene. Vrbka identified the driver as 19-year-old Dylan Quast, of Columbus. His passenger was identified as 18-year-old Jacob Barnett, of Stromsburg.
Vrbka says the pickup driver was taken to York General Hospital for treatment of injuries not believed to be life-threatening. He’s been identified as 19-year-old Braxton Nunnenkamp, of York.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Information from: York News-Times, http://www.yorknewstimes.com