YORK, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say two young men have died in a collision at an intersection near York in eastern Nebraska.
The accident occurred around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday about a mile (2 kilometers) east of York. Sheriff’s Lt. Paul Vrbka says an eastbound pickup truck hit a northbound car that didn’t halt at a stop sign.
The York News-Times reports that the two men in the car were pronounced dead at the scene. Vrbka identified the driver as 19-year-old Dylan Quast, of Columbus. His passenger was identified as 18-year-old Jacob Barnett, of Stromsburg.
Vrbka says the pickup driver was taken to York General Hospital for treatment of injuries not believed to be life-threatening. He’s been identified as 19-year-old Braxton Nunnenkamp, of York.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
Information from: York News-Times, http://www.yorknewstimes.com