YORK, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say two young men have died in a collision at an intersection near York in eastern Nebraska.
The accident occurred around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday about a mile (2 kilometers) east of York. Sheriff’s Lt. Paul Vrbka says an eastbound pickup truck hit a northbound car that didn’t halt at a stop sign.
The York News-Times reports that the two men in the car were pronounced dead at the scene. Vrbka identified the driver as 19-year-old Dylan Quast, of Columbus. His passenger was identified as 18-year-old Jacob Barnett, of Stromsburg.
Vrbka says the pickup driver was taken to York General Hospital for treatment of injuries not believed to be life-threatening. He’s been identified as 19-year-old Braxton Nunnenkamp, of York.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Information from: York News-Times, http://www.yorknewstimes.com