OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Police say two men found dead in Oklahoma City inside a sport utility vehicle that was reported stolen are believed to be homicide victims.
Police Lt Jeff Spruill says the men were found Friday morning after a homeowner called police to report the SUV had crashed into a mailbox about 2 a.m.
The names of the two have not been released.
Spruill said officers initially thought the men were killed as a result of the crash, but a medical examiner determined their injuries are consistent with homicide.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
He said the SUV had been reported stolen early Thursday in Oklahoma City.