CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say two men arguing on a street in North Carolina shot and killed each other.
Local news media outlets report the deadly shooting happened about 2 p.m. Thursday in an eastern part of Charlotte that has seen an increase in violence in the past few months.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police identified one of the victims as 21-year-old Daquan Alston. He died at the scene. The other man died at a hospital. His name has not yet been released.
Police say the two men knew each other but were not related. Lt. Jeff Harless says an escalating argument ended with the men shooting at each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Everyone’s going to Hawaii, and the resorts aren’t ready
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Camper shoots Idaho family's dog after mistaking her for a wolf
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say