BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (AP) — Police on New York’s Long Island are investigating the deaths of two teenagers in a possible gang-related attack.
Police say 15-year-old Nisa Mickens was found dead from an apparent beating near an elementary school in Brentwood Tuesday night. She reportedly had lacerations and head trauma.
A 16-year-old friend of Mickens, who police say was with her the night she was killed, was reported missing.
On Wednesday, police announced that a body fitting the description of the friend was discovered in a wooded area near where Mickens was found. Police have not revealed her cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
No arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.