GRAFTON, N.Y. (AP) — A cat named Harley has used up two of its nine lives after surviving being hit by two vehicles on an upstate New York road.
State police say they recently received a report of a cat being struck by two vehicles in the rural town of Grafton, just outside Albany.
When a trooper arrived on the scene, the cat was lying on the side of the road with head and leg injuries. The drivers said the cat ran into the road, where it was hit by one car and thrown into the path of the second vehicle.
The trooper took the cat to a nearby animal hospital. Its owner was found via Facebook.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
The cat’s owner told the trooper that Harley is doing well and is expected to fully recover.