GRAFTON, N.Y. (AP) — A cat named Harley has used up two of its nine lives after surviving being hit by two vehicles on an upstate New York road.
State police say they recently received a report of a cat being struck by two vehicles in the rural town of Grafton, just outside Albany.
When a trooper arrived on the scene, the cat was lying on the side of the road with head and leg injuries. The drivers said the cat ran into the road, where it was hit by one car and thrown into the path of the second vehicle.
The trooper took the cat to a nearby animal hospital. Its owner was found via Facebook.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
The cat’s owner told the trooper that Harley is doing well and is expected to fully recover.