GRAFTON, N.Y. (AP) — A cat named Harley has used up two of its nine lives after surviving being hit by two vehicles on an upstate New York road.
State police say they recently received a report of a cat being struck by two vehicles in the rural town of Grafton, just outside Albany.
When a trooper arrived on the scene, the cat was lying on the side of the road with head and leg injuries. The drivers said the cat ran into the road, where it was hit by one car and thrown into the path of the second vehicle.
The trooper took the cat to a nearby animal hospital. Its owner was found via Facebook.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018
The cat’s owner told the trooper that Harley is doing well and is expected to fully recover.