JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) — Two people have been killed in separate industrial accidents in one Tennessee city within a week.
Johnson City Fire Department District Chief Mike Oliver confirmed to the Johnson City Press that one person died in a Wednesday explosion at Lighting Resources Llc., a fluorescent bulb recycling facility. That death comes on the heels of a silo collapse Saturday that killed QEP Co. Inc. employee James Reed while he was spraying sawdust off the inside walls.
Eight people were inside the Lighting Resources facility at the time of the explosion. One other person was hospitalized with serious injuries, and Oliver says the building was damaged.
The deceased person’s name hasn’t been released, and authorities haven’t specified if he was an employee.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
The cause of the explosion hasn’t been released.
Information from: Johnson City Press, http://www.johnsoncitypress.com