COOS BAY, Ore. (AP) — Two people died in a fire at a home without smoke alarms in Coos Bay.
Fire Chief Mark Anderson tells The World newspaper that the blaze was reported Monday at 1:30 a.m. It was mostly contained to one room, but the entire house was exposed to thick, black smoke.
The Coos County Medical Examiner has yet to release the names of the victims.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 14 people, killing 2 WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Information from: The World, http://www.theworldlink.com