COOS BAY, Ore. (AP) — Two people died in a fire at a home without smoke alarms in Coos Bay.
Fire Chief Mark Anderson tells The World newspaper that the blaze was reported Monday at 1:30 a.m. It was mostly contained to one room, but the entire house was exposed to thick, black smoke.
The Coos County Medical Examiner has yet to release the names of the victims.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Most Read Stories
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
Information from: The World, http://www.theworldlink.com