CATLETTSBURG, Ky. (AP) — A sheriff in Kentucky says two inmates have assaulted two guards at a county jail that reopened earlier this month following a disturbance in August when inmates fought with guards and started a fire.
WSAZ-TV reports the Boyd County Sheriff says the guards are recovering after suffering minor injuries to their faces at the County Detention Center on Monday.
Sheriff Bobby Jack Woods says the incident happened shortly before 12 p.m. Catlettsburg police also responded.
Officials have not released the names of those involved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The jail was closed for nearly a month after 10 maximum-security inmates fought with guards and set fire to items the night of Aug. 19. The county said injuries suffered then were minor and that several dozen inmates had been transferred to other detention centers.