WINTER GARDEN, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a possible road rage incident led to a shooting that wounded a man and a 17-year-old girl on Florida’s Turnpike.
Sgt. Kim Montes said in a news release that the shooting happened about 10:15 a.m. Saturday near Winter Garden. Troopers are looking for the suspect shooter, who is in a gray Toyota Camry.
The victims were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center. Their injuries were considered minor. Troopers did not release their names, but said they were from Miami.
Montes did not immediately say why officials believe road rage may have triggered the shooting. No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Montes said all lanes of the turnpike are open, adding that no one is permitted to stop along the roadway while the investigation is underway.