HARWINTON, Conn. (AP) — State police say three people have been injured in a three-car crash on Route 8 in Harwinton.
The accident happened shortly after 6 p.m. Monday in the northbound lanes.
Troopers say the first car traveled into the left shoulder, struck a guardrail and came to rest facing south. The car was then hit head-on by the second car, which was struck by the third car.
Twenty-eight-year-old Carlos Velez, of Bridgeport, was found lying on the highway unresponsive and brought to a hospital. A man in the second car also was hospitalized with serious injuries. A man in the third car was treated at the scene for a head wound and wrist pain, but refused to be brought to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
The cause is under investigation.