MONROE COUNTY, Ind. (AP) — Indiana officials say two central Indiana men suffered gunshot injuries while turkey hunting on private property in Monroe County.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources 43-year-old Eric Strunk and 48-year-old David Dayhuff, both of Gosport, were hurt about 6:40 a.m. Sunday. The injuries aren’t life threatening and then men were taken to IU Hospital Bloomington. The agency’s law enforcement division says another hunter was walking along the field line when he saw and heard what he thought was a turkey. He then shot Strunk and Dayhuff.
The men were struck with shot from a 12-gauge shotgun.
The state agency says an investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground