HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (AP) — Two firefighters in Henrico County have helped deliver a healthy baby boy.
WRIC-TV reports that a frantic father pulled up to a Henrico firehouse last weekend with a woman in full labor in the car.
Firefighter Mike Boisseau said the woman “had pretty much delivered on her own so we just helped the last little bit.”
The 14-year department veteran helped deliver the child with firefighter Matt Daugherty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Both firefighters were trained in childbirth, but neither had ever delivered a baby before.
Daugherty told WRIC: “Just doing it for the first time was like ‘holy moly, what’s going on.'”
Information from: WRIC-TV, http://www.wric.com/