HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (AP) — Two firefighters in Henrico County have helped deliver a healthy baby boy.
WRIC-TV reports that a frantic father pulled up to a Henrico firehouse last weekend with a woman in full labor in the car.
Firefighter Mike Boisseau said the woman “had pretty much delivered on her own so we just helped the last little bit.”
The 14-year department veteran helped deliver the child with firefighter Matt Daugherty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Both firefighters were trained in childbirth, but neither had ever delivered a baby before.
Daugherty told WRIC: “Just doing it for the first time was like ‘holy moly, what’s going on.'”
Information from: WRIC-TV, http://www.wric.com/