WINTERSET, Iowa (AP) — Two people have been given probation for setting fire to a historic Madison County covered bridge featured on the cover of the novel “The Bridges of Madison County.”
Court records say 19-year-old Joel Davis and 20-year-old Alivia Bergmann were sentenced Monday to five years of probation and given deferred judgments. Both had pleaded guilty to arson charges stemming from the fire last April.
Under deferred judgments, the convictions can be wiped from their records if the two successfully complete their probation terms.
A third person, Alexander Hoff also has pleaded guilty. He’s scheduled to be sentenced Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- Warren DNA analysis points to Native American heritage
The bridge near Winterset also was featured in the 1995 movie adaptation of “The Bridges of Madison County.”