CULLMAN, Ala. (AP) — Two friends of a man who was reported missing have been charged with murder after his body was found buried in the yard of an Alabama home.
The Cullman County Sheriff’s Office and Hartselle police on Tuesday announced the charges against Andrew Jacob Maresh, 19, and Tyler Stephen Hudson, 20, in the death of 22-year-old Daniel Ray Osborn II, AL.com reported. Osborn’s family and friends said in a Facebook post Tuesday morning the accused men were his friends, and had also shared posts and joined the Facebook group to help find him.
Osborn’s family said on Facebook that he was last seen on Feb. 3. On Feb. 20, they wrote that his car was found in a Baileyton junkyard with a flat tire.
Sheriff Matt Gentry said investigators responded to a residence in the Fairview community on Monday and found Osborn’s body. Gentry did not release a motive or cause of death but said the investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities have not said what led to the arrests of Maresh and Hudson. Both men are held without bond and it is unclear if they have lawyers.