SALINA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities have filed criminal charges against two former students related to last week’s sexual assault in a dorm room at St. John’s Military School.
Court records show the two boys, ages 15 and 16, were formally charged late Friday with aggravated criminal sodomy, a felony. The Associated Press is not naming them because they are juveniles.
The attorney for the family of the 15-year-old Texas boy who was allegedly assaulted says the family has taken him out of school.
St. John’s Military School posted a statement on its website saying a “deeply troubling incident” took place on campus and that staff notified local authorities. It added that “every child deserves to be believed.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
The school says the two cadets who were arrested were dismissed from the school.