TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says two people, including an off-duty Topeka police officer, died in a wrong-way, head-on collision.
The patrol says the crash occurred Tuesday afternoon just north of Topeka. A third person riding in one of the vehicles was seriously injured.
No names have been released but the Topeka police department confirmed one of the dead was an officer in the department.
The patrol says one of the vehicles was going north in the southbound lanes on Kansas 75 when the two vehicles collided.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Sarah Palin, COVID-positive and unvaccinated, again dines at restaurant, flouting New York health measures
- Anthony Fauci is up against more than a virus
An investigation is continuing.