TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says two people, including an off-duty Topeka police officer, died in a wrong-way, head-on collision.
The patrol says the crash occurred Tuesday afternoon just north of Topeka. A third person riding in one of the vehicles was seriously injured.
No names have been released but the Topeka police department confirmed one of the dead was an officer in the department.
The patrol says one of the vehicles was going north in the southbound lanes on Kansas 75 when the two vehicles collided.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
An investigation is continuing.