HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities continue investigating the cause of a fire in a suburban Houston home that killed a mother and her daughter and injured three others.
Firefighters responded to the fire early Saturday morning at a home in the suburb of Spring.
Authorities say a deputy constable who responded to the scene broke one of the home’s windows and helped rescue a boy inside the house.
Another boy and his father were also able to escape the fire but the mother and her daughter died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office says the father and his sons were taken to a hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Their conditions were not immediately known.