HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities continue investigating the cause of a fire in a suburban Houston home that killed a mother and her daughter and injured three others.
Firefighters responded to the fire early Saturday morning at a home in the suburb of Spring.
Authorities say a deputy constable who responded to the scene broke one of the home’s windows and helped rescue a boy inside the house.
Another boy and his father were also able to escape the fire but the mother and her daughter died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office says the father and his sons were taken to a hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Their conditions were not immediately known.