HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities continue investigating the cause of a fire in a suburban Houston home that killed a mother and her daughter and injured three others.
Firefighters responded to the fire early Saturday morning at a home in the suburb of Spring.
Authorities say a deputy constable who responded to the scene broke one of the home’s windows and helped rescue a boy inside the house.
Another boy and his father were also able to escape the fire but the mother and her daughter died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office says the father and his sons were taken to a hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Their conditions were not immediately known.