HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities continue investigating the cause of a fire in a suburban Houston home that killed a mother and her daughter and injured three others.
Firefighters responded to the fire early Saturday morning at a home in the suburb of Spring.
Authorities say a deputy constable who responded to the scene broke one of the home’s windows and helped rescue a boy inside the house.
Another boy and his father were also able to escape the fire but the mother and her daughter died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office says the father and his sons were taken to a hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Their conditions were not immediately known.