TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Two people have died and a third person has been arrested after police responded to a stabbing and a fire at a Topeka apartment.
Topeka police Capt. Scott Gilchrist said in a news release that one person was pronounced dead Sunday night at the scene. A second victim was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. The victims’ names weren’t immediately released. The release didn’t say how they died.
Gilchrist says a 62-year-old suspect was found walking in the area and was interviewed. He has been booked into jail on suspicion of two counts of first-degree murder.
The investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events