GARLAND, Texas (AP) — Police say two cousins have been arrested in the investigation of the weekend fatal shooting of a Dallas-area convenience store clerk during a robbery.
Garland city jail records show 19-year-old Chavez Tryee Nash and 23-year-old Darrell Dewayne Nash were being held without bond Wednesday on capital murder charges.
Garland police on Monday released store security video showing two men wearing dark hoodies entering the business. Lt. Pedro Barineau (BAYR’-uh-no) says investigators received information that helped identify the suspects, who were arrested in Dallas.
A police statement says authorities believe the victim, 35-year-old Manish Panday, struggled with an armed attacker before being killed Saturday night. Garland police say Darrell Nash, when arrested, showed signs of being shot in the leg.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Jail records do not list attorneys to speak for the cousins.