EDDYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Officials say two corrections officers have been attacked by inmates at a maximum-security prison in Kentucky.
Kentucky State Police said they were called to the Kentucky State Penitentiary in western Kentucky around 7:45 a.m. Wednesday after a corrections officer was assaulted.
Police said the incident occurred when an inmate was being removed from a room and that other inmates joined in before being restrained by other corrections officers. Two corrections officers were treated at a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
The Eddyville prison, which houses about 850 inmates, was placed on lockdown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
The names of the corrections officers were not released.