RIDGELAND, S.C. (AP) — Two men who shot and killed a man in a South Carolina home while four children were inside have been sentenced to 50 years behind bars.
The Island Packet reports that a news release says 31-year-old Casey Kason Jones Jr. and 28-year-old Jarod Bostick were found guilty of murder in the June 2015 slaying of 32-year-old Jeremiah Wilson in Ridgeland.
The release from the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office says four children were present when Wilson was shot. Two hid in a closet, and the other two were ordered to the ground by the attackers.
The men were convicted Thursday of murder and other crimes and sentenced Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
The release says a third man — Casey Jones’ father, Casey Kason Jones Sr. — was found not guilty of the same charges.
Information from: The Island Packet, http://www.islandpacket.com