BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are charging two people in the death of 7-year-old Baltimore girl after an apparent drive-by shooting last month.
Interim Police Commission Gary Tuggle announced at a news conference Friday that 29-year-old Keon Gray was arrested in Anne Arundel County. He says Gray is charged with first- and second-degree murder, assault and firearms offenses in Taylor Hayes’ death. She was shot while in a car July 5 and died two weeks later.
A statement of charges says detectives found witnesses and Gray was identified as the shooter.
Tuggle says Gray’s girlfriend, 34-year-old Daneka McDonald is charged with being an accessory after the fact.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
Taylor’s aunt, Ebony Ward, thanked the community and police and said “it won’t bring Taylor back but at least we’re about to get some kind of justice.”