COVINGTON, Va. (AP) — State police say two Virginia residents with outstanding warrants have been arrested after leading a state trooper on a car chase.
Authorities say the trooper responded to a suspicious vehicle call in Bath County on Saturday afternoon and tried to make a traffic stop.
The driver of the car refused to stop and led the trooper on a chase, during which the suspect’s vehicle twice struck the trooper’s cruiser before crashing into a bridge.
Authorities say police found drugs inside the car, which had been reported stolen out of Augusta County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Police say the driver, 27-year-old Kristopher Wingfield of Crewe, Virginia, and his passenger, 24-year-old Nichole Love were being held on multiple charges in Bath County and outstanding warrants in numerous other jurisdictions.