WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. (AP) — Authorities in Kentucky have charged two people with fatally beating a woman with a stick after following a trail of blood that led to a home.
WKYT-TV reported Monday that a Whitley County sheriff’s deputy found 36-year-old Michelle E. Marlow of Williamsburg dead in a bedroom. The deputy found a man and a woman elsewhere in the home with blood on them. Court documents say they couldn’t explain the blood.
A witness told investigators he saw the man and woman strike the victim in the head with a stick, and a second witness said he saw the man drag the woman inside.
Investigators arrested 38-year-old Chris James Lowe and 37-year-old Lori Chanell Mattie and charged them with murder. Lowe also is charged with tampering with physical evidence. It’s unclear if they have lawyers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- University defends Justice Thomas' teaching position amid calls for removal
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
Information from: WKYT-TV, http://www.wkyt.com