ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say they’ve found the bodies of two Louisiana brothers who died in the surf on the Alabama coast.
Police say the bodies of a 12-year-old boy and his 19-year-old brother were both located Saturday after a search. They apparently drowned.
The two went under Friday night in a resort area in Orange Beach, Alabama.
Police haven’t released the names of either young man. But Steward Spencer tells The Advocate the victims were his grandsons, 19-year-old Steward Spencer III and 12-year-old Joshua Spencer, both of Baton Rouge.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
Spencer says the older boy tried to save the younger one in rip current, but both were swept out.
The grandfather says the family went to the beach on a vacation on Thursday and was supposed to return home Sunday.