ROXBORO, N.C. (AP) — Two bodies have been pulled from a North Carolina lake after an empty boat was found floating in the water
Authorities tell local media outlets a man’s body was recovered from Hyco Lake on Sunday afternoon. A woman’s body was pulled from the late last week.
The Person County Sheriff’s Office says a fisherman on Wednesday found an empty boat in the lake near the Person-Caswell county line. Crews recovered the body of Jill Caldwell of Yanceyville and continued to search for a man who had been with her.
On Sunday, crews recovered the body of Thomas Smith of Mebane.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I should have gotten the damn vaccine,' woman says fiancé texted before he died of COVID-19
- Two travelers submitted fake vaccination cards before flying to Toronto. Each was fined nearly $16,000.
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
Authorities say their boat had motor damage but are still investigating what happened.