WALHALLA, S.C. (AP) — Two people have been arrested in a hit and run death earlier this month that killed an 11-year-old South Carolina girl last weekend.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Tuesday that 19-year-old John Melvin Miller Jr. of Seneca was arrested Tuesday and charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving a death.
The owner of the vehicle that hit the girl, 35-year-old Jim Schuch, is charged with filing a false police report after being given notice of a criminal investigation.
Emmalee Budrevich was struck and killed around 9:30 p.m. Saturday near Seneca when she tried to cross a highway while walking home from a store with two friends. The South Carolina Highway Patrol says the vehicle left the collision scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events